When it comes to building dashboards, there are two options that come to mind that are both excellent and economical.
Pre-Built Excel Templates for Dashboarding
You can get these excel dashboard templates and start using them.
Build your own Dashboards using Excel as Data source
With this option,
- you can treat the complete Excel File as a SQL database.
- Each worksheet in the excel file is treated as a database table.
- You can query either single excel file or join multiple excel files and create a big SQL query
- You can create drop down parameters from the Excel file columns
- Merge information from different Excel Files into same dashboard
- Merge information from other Database such as Microsoft Access (*.mdf) files into the same dashboard containing the Excel data
- Publish the Excel dashboard so that it can be accessed from a central file server or webserver (link)
Here is a sample dashboard based on Excel file as Data source
Some useful links